Today the Children have been busily decorating heart shaped biscuits to bring home to you for Valentines day.
Just incase you fancy making some biscuits of your own, we though we’d share the recipe Tor used, which is very quick and simple to make
What you will need:
2 Heart Shaped Cutters (1 smaller than the other)
Grease proof paper
3 Cups Plain Flour
5 Egg Yolks
1 Cup Butter, softened
1/2 Cup + 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Egg whites, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180c, gas mark 4
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, egg yolks, butter, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract, then knead until it forms a soft dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut a heart for the bottom of the cookie sandwich and a heart with a smaller heart cut in it for the top. Brush the tops with the egg whites.
- Place on an baking sheet covered in grease proof paper and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Spread the bottom hearts with a layer of jam and put the tops on.
- Put your feet up and enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
Happy Valentines Day!