Due to the heavy snow expected for the rest of this week, we are going to be monitoring the weather as to whether the nursery will remain open on Thursday and Friday. The Met Office has announced an amber warning for the area and we must take precautions to ensure the safety of our children and staff in what could be treacherous travel conditions. Many of our staff rely on public transport or don’t live locally and we need to ensure that they can travel to work safely, we will be basing the decision to close on the team being able to travel to and from work safely.
We will check the weather at 6 and 10pm tonight (Wednesday) and then again at 6am tomorrow morning. If the decision is made to close the nursery then you will be notified by email, please keep an eye on your inbox.
If the nursery stays open we strongly advise that you park at the top of Pembroke and walk down as the car park is extremely hard to get out of in the snow. We would advise the same for collection this evening as the cold temperatures are icing over the car park.
A gentle reminder to make sure your children have suitable outdoor clothing if the nursery is open. The children will want to explore the snow and we will be exploring in the garden. Hats, gloves and extra layers are needed along with spare clothes to change into.
We will do our best to keep you up to date although the weather is currently being very unpredictable!