Work For Us
Thank you for thinking of working with Teepee Day Nursery. We pick our team on the values we cherish – their friendliness and love of children. Our mission is to be a happy team with happy children and happy parents.
Our last annual team questionnaire confirmed that we enjoy our jobs, are proud to work here and have fun too.
Click on this link for our current vacancies: Child Care jobs, Bracknell, Early Years Practitioner jobs, Bracknell and Nursery Nurse jobs, Bracknell.
We at Teepee Day Nursery believe it takes someone very special to work with children. As part of your role, you need to have the following attributes:
- Your warm smiling face makes every child feel special.
- You have the ability to laugh a lot, even at jokes you don’t understand!
- You have always wanted to be a) a pirate captain, b) an alien, c) a dinosaur, or d) a princess (delete as appropriate).
- Not only do you know the words to all possible nursery rhymes but you also know the lyrics to Frozen and the theme tune to Peppa Pig. You have the ability to sing all these in front of a crowd (N.B. the ability to sing in tune is not necessary).
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs, as required.
- The ability to count numerous moving heads is of utmost importance.
- You must feel comfortable in public places with unknown substances on your clothing.
- You must be comfortable talking about bodily functions, including the ability to inform everybody in the same room that you are going to the toilet! A strong sense of smell is also required, it enables you to respond quickly to said bodily functions!
- Acting has always been of interest to you and enables you to eat endless playdough creations and drink pretend cups of tea realistically.
- You must be able to dance, to every single kind and type of music.
- You must be highly skilled at helping children turn a simple cardboard box into 101 things, and then playing with it all afternoon.
- You must be a nature lover, and interested in finding spiders and various insects in the garden, looking at them closely with a magnifying glass.
- You are skilled in reading upside down and are able to keep track at all times, even with four interruptions per page.
- You must accompany the children on an outing and take one hour to return from the post-box on the corner, as you have looked and talked about every shape that you all see.
- Finally, you are prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families.
Do you feel that have these capabilities, and want to shape the minds of the future? There really is no job quite like this, and no day is ever the same.
Room Manager – offers excellent career progression, supportive family environment, and competitive rates of pay and bonuses.
We are an established, multi-award winning day nursery based in Bracknell that offers its employees:
• Fantastic career progression, training and continuing professional development – we have a Gold Investors in People Award
• An excellent reputation to put on your CV – we are a forest school, have an outstanding award for our menus, Millie’s Mark for our safety and first aid, and an outstanding grading from Ofsted
• Competitive rates of pay, uniform, training provided
• 28 days of holiday + holiday bonus for increasing service
• A supportive family feel, where everyone has a voice and makes a huge difference
Teepee Day Nursery is a multi-award winning nursery and it’s a fun, supportive, family-run place to work. We are known for the great care we take with children (and their families) and employees alike (that’s why we have a Gold Investors in People and an Outstanding Grading from OFSTED), so much so that many of our practitioners have worked here for a long time (or left and come back) and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.
• Our commitment to offering the very best care and education for the children and their families is second to none.
• We believe in happy children, happy team, happy parents and that all three must be in balance. We call this our virtuous circle and this is what helps us win awards.
We’re looking for a Room Manager. The pay range is £19,00 – £21,000, depending on skills and experience.
• We offer 28 days holiday, which increases with length of service up to 34.
• We fully train and induct you
• We also supply your uniform.
You need to:
• Undergo an enhanced DBS check and self-declaration safer recruitment process
• Have at least a Level 3 and be keen to keep on with your CPD
• Be passionate about sharing your knowledge about educating and caring for children, and take this mentoring role seriously
• Have high expectations of the children and what we can do as a nursery
• Like the outdoors
You will be responsible for:
• You room and the children’s learning and development, making sure that the planning, environment is of the highest standard, tracking the children’s development to ensure they are maximising their learning
• Managing the parent relationships in your room
• Following all of the policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of safeguarding and caring for the children
• Managing the practitioners within your room coaching and mentoring them and overseeing their supervision and professional development.
The Location: Set on the outskirts of Bracknell, down a quiet street we have parking facilities and are close to bus routes 171, 172, 194, 412, Lion 4 and the shops in Hanworth.
Why Should You Apply?
You should apply if:
• Any of this sounds like the kind of work you enjoy at or are interested in
• We sound like the place you would like to work
• And you want to be part of a small, friendly run nursery, which really does care about its employees
Find out more about us here
Interested? Then Teepee Day Nursery would love to hear from you, as we are looking for unqualified early years’ practitioners to join our team.
Call 01344 360601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and we can tell you why we have an Investors In People Gold Standard, an Outstanding Award for our menu, and an Outstanding grading from Ofsted!
Qualifications & Training
At Teepee Day Nursery, we recruit a team who have some qualifications or no qualifications. If you are looking to work in childcare as a career we offer various options that suit you to gain your qualification. You can work and learn at your own pace depending on your time and social commitments.
We do in-house training with companies such as Babcock, JHP and Paragon. Alternatively you could get your qualification from Bracknell and Wokingham College, Berkshire College of Agriculture or Reading College.
During the year we have three in-house training sessions where the directors train the team on current policies and procedures that have a major impact on nurseries.
How To Apply
To apply for a job at Teepee Day Nursery, please click on the link below, fill in your details and either email it to the address on the form or post it to the nursery. We only accept applications on our recruitment form. We do not accept CVs.
Team Application Form - Teepee
If you want to fill the application in electronically, please use Adobe Reader, complete the form, choose ‘Save as’ from the menu, then email it back to us. A link to download Adobe Reader has been provided below.
Get Acrobat Reader
Small is Beautiful Ltd follows a robust safer recruitment policy. The nursery is committed to the highest level of practice in safeguarding, equal opportunities so as to promote the welfare of all employees and children. As such, you will be required to undertake a criminal record check, complete a disclosure form, and provide evidence of your name, address, and qualifications as part of the recruitment process.